Our team of experts consisting of physicians, physiotherapists and sports scientists has developed a test together with movement trainer and Horse Manager Christina Starck, which uncovers such deficits and problems and makes a quick diagnosis possible. With the help of the test results, a concept is then developed that strives to optimise the interplay between rider and horse. The basis for this is a video of the rider on his or her horse, taken by the trainer. Together with Christina Starck, our team can then carry out an exact posture analysis based on the recordings showing the rider in action.
After this the rider is checked from head to toe by doctors, physiotherapists and sports scientists. Together, thet then draw up a therapy and training plan.
The aim is for the rider to be free of pain and discomfort before and after riding and to create the necessary basic fitness to prevent problems in the future. This also relieves the horse, eliminates the need to compensate for misalignments: The interaction between rider and horse is optimised and a significant increase in performance can be achieved.
The horse rider test by physiotherapists and sports physicians at LANS Medicum Hamburg includes the following services:
- Saddle seat check by Christina Starck (video analysis)
- Measurement of the spinal column and leg statics, if necessary supply of insoles
- Assessment of the boots, if necessary with an orthopaedic mechanic
- Physiotherapeutic assessment (mobility, statics, muscular deficits, functional and coordinative tests)
- EMG measurement with biofeedback and maximum force measurement under EMG control
- Testing the stability of the abdomen and spine
- Tools are individually adapted to the rider (dressage, show jumping, individual athletes), depending on the video analysis.
In the end, the awareness of the rider for his own body is enhanced and thus the interaction between horse and rider is optimised
Bildcredit: ANNA HENTSCHLÄGER