Being alive means being mobile. A restriction in mobility due to sports injuries can greatly affect your quality of life. Our sports medicine at LANS Medicum Hamburg helps you to get a clearer picture of your physical condition through a complete sports medical examination. We diagnose the cause for your physical restrictions and use our findings to tailor a targeted therapy.
The sports medical examination at LANS Medicum Hamburg begins with an in-depth medical history review with one of our physicians. This is followed by a physical examination and performance analysis, also known as spiroergometry. While the patient is exercising on a treadmill or bicycle ergometer, blood pressure, pulse, ECG, lactate and lung function are checked. This allows us to assess your current health status and to create a tailored training plan adapted to your specific needs. As a sports medicine facility, we focus on finding the most suitable body therapy for you. Our orthopedic specialists, physiotherapists and sports scientists analyse your posture and movement, and test your muscles and coordination. With your personal exercise goal in mind, we develop a specific exercise therapy just for you. At the heart of it all lies muscular balance, or the connection of the locomotive system with the internal organs via the reflex zones.
After consulting with your doctor, we offer the following tests at our sports medicine department in Hamburg (invoice according to medical fee schedule):
Sports medicine portfolio
- Doctor-patient interview (anamnesis)
- Sports science motion analysis including cardiopulmonary exercise testing, measurement of body composition (BIA) and coordination test
- Performance diagnostics and training plan
- Lactate measurements
- Basic metabolic rate measurements
- Biomechanics motion analysis of the musculoskeletal system and gait analysis (Diers 4D analysis)
- Muscle function diagnostics
- Spine measurement
- Recommendations for targeted endurance training with individual training areas (thresholds, maximum heart rate, maximum oxygen uptake)
- Medical altitude training for athletes and patients
Whether you are an ambitious recreational athlete or a professional, at LANS Medicum Hamburg, we offer biomechanics motion analysis and craniosacral therapy in addition to our sports medicine, so that you can achieve perfect heart health. Our specialist for internal medicine and cardiology, Dr. med. Florentine Markworth, takes an interdisciplinary approach between cardiology, performance diagnostics and applied sports medicine.